June is dog license month.
All dog license applications may be submitted in person, by mail, or use the drop box.
As a resident of Connecticut it is the law to license your dog with the Town Clerk's office of the Town in which you reside as soon as the dog has reached the age of 6 months. After July 31st, an additional charge of $1.00 per month that a dog over 6 months of age is not licensed.
Reminder: If you are new to town or have a new dog you are required to register the dog even if it is not June.
- Male or Female $19.00
- Spayed or Neutered $8.00
Please call if you no longer have your dog so we can update our files.
Register by Mail or Drop Box
- Enclose the renewal notice or application along with a self addressed stamped (two stamps are required) envelope for return of tag and license
- Enclose proof of rabies vaccination (not the tag). Required only if reminder notice indicates an expired rabies certificate
- Enclose certificate of Spaying/Neutering required only if the reminder does not indicate S or N
- Make checks payable to the Waterford Town Clerk
- Mail to Waterford Town Clerk