Request Homebound Services
Please call the library at 860-444-5805, ext. 2 for more information and to request an application.
In keeping with its mission of helping the citizens of Waterford enrich their lives through access to ideas, information, and entertainment, the Waterford Public Library offers delivery and pickup of library materials to homebound Waterford residents. The Library is pleased to partner with Thames Valley Council for Community Action, Inc./Retired and Senior Volunteer Program (TVCCA/RSVP). TVCCA/RSVP volunteers will provide the delivery and pick-up services for the Library.
- 'Homebound' is defined as an individual who, because of a physical or mental disability or long-term illness, is unable to visit the Library, and does not have anyone who can pick up/deliver materials to her/him on a regular basis.
- Participants must live in Waterford or Quaker Hill and have a valid Waterford Public Library card.
- While enrolled in the program the participant's library card will be kept at the library.
- Participants must complete a telephone interview with TVCCA staff, agree to an initial home visit from TVCCA and meet all TVCCA requirements.
- Participants will complete the library questionnaire about interests.
- Participants agree to allow the library to maintain records of borrowed materials.
- Pick-up/delivery will be scheduled as staffing permits but at least once per month.
- Overdue fines will not be charged but established fees will be charged for lost or damaged items.
- Items will be delivered, and must be returned, in library-provided bag.
- When new materials are delivered, items from the previous delivery must be ready for return.
- The Library may terminate service to any individual who fails to meet the eligibility requirements or misuses the service.
- The Library reserves the right to amend, modify, add or delete any of the terms of this service without prior notice.