- 1000 Hartford Turnpike
Waterford, CT. 06385
Established regulations apply as follows:
- Waterford residents only - you may be required to show proof of residency with your license or ID with a Waterford address
- Bulky Waste Only: Brush, leaves, furniture, cardboard, construction debris, appliances, tires, drain oil
- No Household Garbage
- Separation required
- Please note that fees will be charged for the following items: tires, brush, demolition/construction debris, appliances, and logs
Hours of Operation:
MONDAY: 7:30 - 3:30
TUESDAY: 7:30 - 3:30
THURSDAY: 7:30 - 3:30
SATURDAY: 7:30 - 3:30
QUESTIONS, PLEASE CALL 860-444-5864
SCHEDULE OF FEES
The Transfer Station DOES NOT Accept:
- Regular household trash, bottles & cans. These items are collected curbside during our normal weekly curbside collection.
- Household Hazardous Waste – Collection sites are provided Spring through Fall. Check newspapers or call Public Works for details.
- Grass Clippings: Compost or mulch on lawn.
- Rubble, Stone, Concrete, Asphalt, Dirt, Stumps, Rocks
The Transfer Station takes the following items for Free:
Electronic Equipment - PC, TV, VCR, Stereos, speakers, printer
Motor Oil / Anti Freeze
CURBSIDE COLLECTION - SEE BULKY WASTE INFORMATION
COLLECTOR LICENSE FEE – Annual: $25 per truck
Passenger Tires $ 2/ea
Truck Tires 7:50 x 16 & up $ 5/ea
Earth Moving Equipment Tires $50/ea
Tree Stump (small) < 8” No Longer Accepted
Tree Stump (large) > 8” No Longer Accepted
Pickup Truck $ 5/load
Small Dump Truck/Small Dump Trailer(1-2 axle) $10/load
Large Dump Truck $15/load
Automobiles – Attendant discresion
Load sizes for fee purposes are:
- Pickup Truck 1 CY
- Small Dump Truck/Small Dump Trailer (1-2 axle) 3 CY
- Large Dump Truck 6 CY
- Attendant will use judgment in setting fees for odd-size loads.
Demolition Debris/Shingles $110/Ton
$5.00 minimum Charge
Refrigerators, Freezers, Air Conditioners, $15/ea
OVERSIZED MSW - curbside costs are unit priced
Sofas, Stuffed Chairs, Mattresses $10/ea
Box springs, Carpets
Transfer Station will weigh these items - based off $110/ton
ROLL OUT GARBAGE/ RECYCLING CONTAINERS
96 Gallon $50
Additional Containers 96 gallon $50
Refuse Tipping Fee $62/Ton for Municipal Solid Waste
Delivered to SCRRRA in Preston by Contractors
Brush Curbside Collection - See our link about Yard Waste
Call 860-444-5864 for information on how to get an appointment - $20/appt. for regular residential units
- All fees shall be due and payable upon invoicing or may be paid immediately upon usage.
- Accounts over thirty (30) days past due will accrue interest at 1.5% per month.
- Accounts with a balance due over sixty (60) days will be denied access to the disposal facility.
- Accounts with a balance over ninety (90) days will be suspended and access to the facility will be denied until the balance is paid in full, and it will be sent to the Town attorney to go to small claims court.
The Town of Waterford only accepts cash or checks