2020 Adult Summer Reading Program
“Imagine Your Story”
We invite you to “Imagine Your Story” by participating in the Waterford Public Library’s summer reading program.
If you enjoy the art of storytelling, join us for these events (to register, please go to Calendar of Events):
- Saturday, July 18, 10:00 am
Storytelling Explored: Renowned storytellers, Nina Lesiga, Jennifer Munro, and Denise Page will introduce adults to the art of short form, personal storytelling.
- Thursday, July 23, 6:30 pm
One Book, One Region, Book Discussion: “Crazy Brave,” a memoir by Joy Harjo, a nationally recognized poet and the first Native American Poet Laureate. Discussion facilitated by Lynne Rogers.
- Saturday, August 8, 2:00 pm
It’s in the Cards: the art of Ludic story writing, in an afternoon of fiction and poetry—and writing prompts, presented by writers C. S. E. Cooney and Carlos Hernandez.
- Monday, August 10, 7:00 pm
Book Discussion: “The Bear and the Nightingale,” an immersive, earthy story of folk magic, faith, and hubris. Discussion facilitated by Pam Bedore.
We also have a drawing for a summer prize bag full of great gifts:
- Read or listen to at least 5 books.
- List the titles and authors in this reading log.
- Submit your log online or in person by Friday, August 21 to be entered in the drawing.