- Work Requiring a Permit
- Requirements for Applications for Permits in Special Flood Hazard Areas
- Activities Exempt from a Permit
- Permit Application Requirements
- Permit Fees
Click on the applicable application form to download.
- Roofing / Siding/ Minor Work Permit
- Zoning Compliance and Building Permit
- Demolition Permit
- Demolition Checklist
- Electrical Permit
- Mechanical Permit (heating, ventilation and air conditioning)
- Plumbing Permit
- Public Sewer Connection Permit
- Keeping of Poultry and Rabbit Permit Application
- Secondary (outdoors) Meter Application
- Residential Permit Sign Off Sheet
- Residential CO Sign Off Sheet
- Commercial Permit Sign Off Sheet
- Commercial CO Sign Off Sheet
The following are handouts that are available in the permitting office and may answer many questions and provide guidance.
- Procedure to Install a New Water Service in Waterford
- Installation and Use of Primary and Secondary Private Water Meters
- Wood Stove Installations
Please reference the “Minimum Permit Application Requirements” link prior to completing the application form(s). Providing the requested information for each type of application will help expedite the review process.
The Building Department has up to 30 days to review and respond to all applications for permit. Generally, the application process will take two to three weeks.
A complete submission with all requested information at the initial submission, depending on the size and scope of the project, can reduce the review and approval to a week or less.