...RED FLAG WARNING IN EFFECT THIS WEEK FOR SOUTHERN CONNECTICUT.
The National Weather Service in Upton has issued a Red Flag
Warning for Southern Connecticut which is in effect from 10 AM this morning to 7 PM EDT this evening. The Fire Weather Watch is no longer in effect.
TIMING...Late this morning into Tuesday evening.
* WINDS...West 10 to 15 mph with gusts up to 25 mph.
* RELATIVE HUMIDITY...As low as 19 percent.
* TEMPERATURES...In the mid 60s.
* IMPACTS...rapid fire spread if ignition occurs.
* ADDITIONAL DETAILS...These condition will likely continue into
Wednesday, and additional products may be issued for Wednesday
A Red Flag Warning means that critical fire weather conditions
are expected or occurring. A combination of strong winds, low
relative humidity, and dry fuels will create a significantly
elevated fire growth potential.