- Building Codes
Adopted and Referenced Publications. Effective as of October 1, 2022.
Pursuant to section 29-252 of the Connecticut General Statutes the following national model codes, as amended herein, are adopted and shall be known as the 2022 Connecticut State Building Code:
- 2021 International Building Code
- 2017 ICC/ANSI A117.1 Accessible and Usable Building and Facilities
- 2021 International Existing Building Code
- 2021 International Plumbing Code
- 2021 International Mechanical Code
- 2021 International Energy Conservation Code
- 2020 NFPA 70, National Electrical Code, of the National Fire Protection Association, Inc.
- 2021 International Swimming Pool and Spa Code
- 2021 International Residential Code
Copies of the International Codes may be obtained from the International Code Council, Inc., 4051 West Flossmoor Road, Country Club Hill, IL 60478-575. View the International Code Council website.
Copies of the 2020 NFPA 70, National Electrical Code, may be obtained from the National Fire Protection Association, Inc., 1 Batterymarch Park, P.O. Box 9101 Quincy, MA 02169-7471. View the National Fire Protection Association website.
Copies of the 2022 Connecticut State Building Code document may be downloaded from the Department of Administrative Services website.
The requirements of the 2022 Connecticut State Building Code shall apply to all work for which a permit application was made on or after the date of adoption.
Other important codes and reference documents specific to the Town of Waterford include but are not limited to the following:
- CT General Statutes Chapter 541
- 1996 BOCA National Property Maintenance Code
- Town of Waterford Rental Housing Code