Next Election Date:
Tuesday, November 7, 2017
Last day to Register to Vote: Tuesday Oct. 31, 2017
Extended Voter Registration hours (in person) Tuesday, October 31 from 9:00 am -8:00 pm
All Polling Locations will be open from 6:00 am - 8:00 pm
Any Senior citizen or person with a disability who needs transportation to the polls please call Senior Services to schedule at: #860-444-5839
All of our polling locations are fully accessible. For anyone needing additional assistance please ask a Poll Worker.
Voter Registration Information
Am I registered to vote? Use our voter lookup tool to check your current voter registration status:
WHO IS ELIGIBLE TO VOTE?
Am I eligible to vote?
- Are you at least 17 and turning 18 before Election Day?
- Are you a United States citizen living in Connecticut?
- If you have been convicted of a felony, have you completed confinement and parole?
If you can answer yes to all three of these questions, you are eligible to register to vote in Connecticut.
What if I moved recently?
- You will have to update your voter registration to reflect your new address.
- If you moved to Connecticut from another state, if you moved to a different town within Connecticut, or even if you moved within the same town, your polling location may have changed.
- Your voter registration should always reflect your current home address.
What if I am a student? If you are a college student living away from home, you may choose to vote in one of two ways:
- Either complete an absentee ballot for the election in your home town
- Register to vote in your college town
Patti Waters - Republican Registrar of Voters
Julie Watson Jones - Democratic Registrar of Voters
Registrars are available most mornings 9:30-12:30
Monday - Friday
In their absence, go to the Town Clerk's Office from 8:00-4:00.
Voter registration forms are available in the Registrars' Office, Town Clerk's Office, Waterford Public Library and at various social service agencies.
To Register to vote online Click here for the Office of the Connecticut Secretary of the State.
Monday - Friday: 9:30 to 12:30